Pupil Premium Grant
Scartho Junior Academy receives additional funding, Pupil Premium, to support specific children who are vulnerable to possible underachievement, including pupils who have been eligible for free school meals within the past 6 years,those looked after by the local authority and children of armed service personnel.
Scartho Junior Academy will focus the Pupil Premium funding to enhance learning and give targeted support to boost achievement and attainment. The academy receives £1,320 for each eligible pupil, £1,900 for pupils that have left Local Authority care and £300 for Service Children
During the academic year 2015/16 the Academy received £70,340 of Pupil Premium Funding.
During the academic year 2016/17 the Academy received £ 76,960 of Pupil Premium Funding.
The range of provision includes:
- Bespoke reading training for all staff.
- Purchase of Bug Club for personalised learning – additional time offered to PPG pupils.
- Strategic intervention teacher to support year 6 pupils.
- One to one/small group teaching to provide targeted support.
- Mentor groups to support vulnerable pupils with social and emotional needs.
- Specific small group and individual work with teaching assistants under the direction of the class teacher.
- Subsidised educational trips and residential visits
- Assisted places at after school clubs and enrichment activities.
- Access to lunchtime clubs such as creativity, construction, netball
- Planned release time for staff to undertake termly personalised learning/pupil progress meetings with pupils from years 3-6.
- Professional intervention and monitoring from the Educational Psychologist and Team @ Work.
- Improvements to learning environments including Immersions
- REAL projects – training and support to ensure that all pupils (specifically PPG) are able to access and engage with the curriculum.
- Developing children’s understanding of healthy lifestyles including diet and cooking.
- Close monitoring of disadvantaged children.
Pupil Premium Funding 2017-18 £43,715 (September 17-March 18) NB Total of PP Pupils on roll are subject to in year changes and therefore will not be an exact match with funding received into the Academy.
Additional Planned Provision:
- Maths intervention and support, including resources.
- Social and emotional support and mentoring.
- Personalised support for individual pupils and their families.